Friday, May 31, 2013

DID YOU FORGET TO LAUGH?

   There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

    Did you guys hear the one about the couple who's been married for 60 years, who started having problems remembering things? So they go to their doctor to get checked out to make sure nothing's wrong with em. They explain to the doctor about their problems with their memory. After checking the couple out, the doctor tells em that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down and making notes to help them remember things. Later that night while they're watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair, and his wife says, "Where are you going?" The old guy says, "To the kitchen." The wife says, "Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?" Guy says sure. Then she says, "Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" He says, "No, I can remember that." And she says, "Well, I'd also like some strawberries on top. You'd better write that down, cause I know you'll forget that." The guy says, "I can remember that, you want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries." The wife says, "Well, I'd also like whipped cream on top. I'll know you'll forget that, so you better write it down." The guy's irritated by now, and he says, "I don't need to write that down--I can remember that," and he goes into the kitchen. About 20 minutes later he comes back from the kitchen and hands her a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a minute and then says, "You forgot my toast."
   A man and a woman who've never met before find themselves in the same sleeping compartment of a train. After the initial embarrassment, they both manage to get to sleep; the woman on the top bunk, the man in the lower bunk. In the middle of the night the woman leans over and says, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm awfully cold, and I was wondering if you could possibly pass me another blanket." The man leans out and says with a glint in his eye, "I've got a better idea. Let's pretend we're married." The woman says, "Okay, why not?" And the man says, "Good. Get your own blanket."

No comments:

Post a Comment